The oldest mill in town is reached via the Tuch-
machergasse; it was mentioned in a document as
early as 1348. A fulling mill was installed for the
clothiers in 1519. The water wheel is propelled by
an artificial branch of the Aurach river. It served
as a grain mill until 1974; today the water wheel
is used for the generation of electric power.