Search term suggestions
Where do I do what?
Current issues / events

Municipal Public Order Office

The Municipal Public Order Office personnel is available for any questions regarding public life in Herzogenaurach, e.g. for the registration of public events, questions regarding businesses, applications for billposting permissions or applications for dangerous dog licenses.

Additionally, also the Social Affairs and Pensions Office as well as the Civil Registry Office and the Municipal Cemetery Administration are part of the Municipal Public Order Office.


Registration of public events

(Notification public amusement)

Any public amusement requires written notification at least one week in advance. Such notification is free of charge.

Events of more than 1,000 persons require a permit and have to be registered at least four weeks in advance. The fees for big events depend on the scope of the individual event.


Fireworks / traditional fires

(Application for exemption for fire works / notification traditional fire)

The ignition of fireworks of category 2 may be permitted on request at any time during the year. The relevant fee is 40.00 EUR. The fireworks display has to be completed by 10.30 p.m.

Any traditional fires require notification at least one week in advance.

Permits for temporary hospitality facilities

(Application in accordance with s. 12 subs. 1 Restaurant Licensing Act)

On special occasions, public serving of alcoholic beverages might be permitted temporarily until recall. The relevant fees depend on the scope of the individual event. Applications for such permit have to be filed at least one week prior to the event.

Trade Office (Registration, reregistration, deregistration)

Businesses can be registered, reregistered or deregistered at the Trade Office during the general opening hours.

The relevant fees are:

  • Business registration: EUR 40.00
  • Business re-/deregistration: EUR 25.00

Required documents:

  • Valid personal identity card or passport
  • In case of foreign citizens, additional submission of a residence permit including a business operating permit is required (business registration).
  • If the relevant business has been registered on the Commercial Register, the corresponding excerpt from the Commercial Register has to be submitted as well (business re-/deregistration).

Further information:

Keeping of dangerous animals

(Application for keeping of a dangerous animal)

The keeping of dangerous animals, e.g. snakes, might be permitted on request.

Keeping of dangerous dogs or dangerous dogs of category 2

(Application for keeping of a dangerous dog / negative certificate)

The keeping of dangerous dogs requires a license and might be permitted on request in exceptional cases.

The keeping of dangerous dogs of category 2 as well as the interbreeding with the same or other breeds does not require a license after submission of a passed character test (negative certificate).

Required documents:


  • Professional opinion of a dog expert (for dogs of 18 months or older; for younger dogs, a temporary negative certificate has to be applied for)
  • Proof of a dog owner liability insurance

Registration of fairs or markets

(Application for registration of fairs or markets)

Relevant events, e.g. markets, fairs or exhibitions, may also be scheduled on a long-term basis within a defined timely framework, or even as permanent events, on request.

Martini Festival

There also is a selection procedure for the Martini Festival. Any corresponding applications should be filed with the Municipal Public Order Office by August of the current year.


(Application for billposting permit)

Any events in Herzogenaurach may be announced by public notices within the town area.

The number of posters (size: max. DIN A O - 1189 mm x 841 mm) is limited to a maximum of 30.
The relevant fee is 25.00 EUR.

Summer Festival

The selection procedure for Summer Festival most often takes place in November/December of the preceding year.

Any corresponding applications should be filed with the Municipal Public Order Office by November of the preceding year.

Farmer's Market

Every Wednesday and Saturday, the Town of Herzogenaurach conducts a "Green Farmer's Market". Applications for market pitches have to be filed with the Municipal Public Order Office.

Note on pre-printed forms

Pre-printed application forms for broker licenses, for travel trade, for an alarm gun license as well as for the issue of a restaurant

license are available at the Municipal Public Order Office. The employees will forward the applications to the relevant Administrative District Office of Erlangen-Höchstadt for further processing.

Point of contact

Mrs. Drebinger
Phone +49 (0) 9132 / 901-275

Mrs. Kraus
Phone +49 (0) 9132 / 901-171

Mr. Lorenz
Phone +49 (0) 9132 / 901-170

Mrs. Veser
Phone +49 (0) 9132 / 901-172


Town of Herzogenaurach
Municipal Public Order Office

Wiesengrund 1
91074 Herzogenaurach

Phone +49 (0) 9132 / 901-171
Fax +49 (0) 9132 / 901-179

Opening hours
Monday 8.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
Tuesday 7.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
1.30 p.m. - 4.00 p.m.
Wednesday 8.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
Thursday 8.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
3.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
Friday 8.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.