The twin town of Nova Gradiška is located near the river of Sava in Slovenia/Croatia. It was founded under the name of Friedrichsdorf in 1748 and many late-baroque and classical buildings have shaped the town image until today.
The origins of the connection with Nova Gradiška reach back to the 1970s when many people from former Yugoslavia sought work in the companies of Herzogenaurach. The town twinning arrangement was set up in 1980. Today, the town has approx. 16,000 inhabitants; the distance between Nova Gradiška and Herzogenaurach is about 840 km.
Since 1 July 2013, Croatia has been a member of the European Union.
Contact in Nova Gradiška
Mayor Vinko Grgić
55400 Nova Gradiška
Phone +385 35366080